Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Finger Lickin' Good

I attended a "lunch & learn" this afternoon at work. Free lunch (i.e. pizza) was offered for anyone who had an interest in learning more about the internal quality control program. I showed up to a packed room (certainly more than allowed by fire code) to get the scraps of what was left of the pizza. I noticed that some people had taken more than their share (too bad they weren't handing out gym memberships instead of pizza). I thought to myself, "I wonder how many people would have shown up to see a presentation about quality control if this was a brown bag lunch?"

There were no seats. I sat on the edge of a TV stand. My co-worker, a 50+ year old engineer sits down next to me on the TV stand. Within a minute or two, one of the sausages from his pizza rolled down my leg. He couldn't stuff the pizza in his mouth fast enough. The sign-in sheet was circulating. I turned to pass him the sign-in sheet and he made a noise that sounded like a cross between a laugh and a moan. I decided to put the sign-in sheet on top of the TV instead. Like clockwork, after every two bites, this guy licked every single one of his fingers. (There were plenty of napkins). I'm not sure I have had any of my fingers in my mouth since I was teething at the age of 5. Do adults really do that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home