Wednesday, December 02, 2009

"Goodbye"

Who plays the fiddle? I'll need a fiddle when this one goes to the studio:

"Goodbye"
Written by Scott Voelkerding

Something's in the air tonight
Don't know what it is, but something's just not right
Your heart beats next to mine
but I can tell, someone else is on your mind

Just yesterday you said 'I love you'
but today, those words aren't holdin' true
You said you can't escape the past
and my heart should go before things get out of hand
but I already let you in
and I know how these stories end,
Goodbye

It's raining in my heart
but I hope someday that we will get a brand new start
You mean the world to me
And if you turn around, maybe you will see that
I can be your everything
that's why I can't say
the hardest word to say,
Goodbye

A year or two went by
If this is love, it's worth another try
Thought all you needed was a little more time
but I hoped by now that you would have changed your mind 'cause
I, I never let you down
And I prayed you would come around
Still I can't bring myself to say,
Goodbye

The phone rang twice tonight
Maybe it's you to tell me everything's gonna be alright
but it's time to close the door
so I can stop holding out for something more 'cause
I know things don't change that fast
And I know friends don't always last
And that's why I couldn't call you back to say.....
(Goodbye)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home